Registration and payment information
The online registration facility is available on the registration page since 22 August 2023.
- To assist the organisers, delegates are requested to register online BEFORE 10 November 2023 in order to qualify for the early bird registration fee.
You are still welcome to register after this date at a higher fee.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the organisers have received your registration form. You will receive a personalised confirmation by e-mail from the organisers within 10 working days.
- Registrations for the Congress can only be finalised once full payment has been received.
- All speakers are required to register.
Important request to companies sponsoring delegates:
Please let us have the delegate’s personal e-mail address and other contact information.
|Step 1||Registration is open since 22 August 2023|
|Step 2||E-MAIL proof of payment
(if applicable) to email@example.com
|Step 3||Ensure that you receive a confirmation via e-mail from the organisers within 10 working days.|
PREFERRED method of payment:
EFT / bank deposit
Standard Bank (Menlyn)
Branch code: 012345
Account number: 012 150 053
Swift code: SBZAZAJJ (for international transfers)
Account name: OSSA Congress
Reference: Your name and surname as it appears on the registration form.
Please e-mail proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
|This account number is the same as the 2023 Congress account number|
Alternative method of payment:
Mobipaid electronic payment platform
If you encounter difficulty or cannot make an EFT or direct bank deposit, please pay via the Mobipaid link: https://mpaid.us/cwUvZ
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept Diners or American Express Cards.
Notice of cancellation must be received in writing.
The congress organisers shall be entitled to levy a cancellation fee as indicated below:
- Up until 90 days prior to the first day of the event: 10% of the registration fee
- Between 89 and 30 days prior to the first day of the event: 50% of the registration fee
- Within 30 days of the first day of the event: 100% of the registration fee
- Congress sessions for specific days as indicated in the programme for all groups
(Three-day programmes for optometrists, assistants, nurses, practice managers & administrators included). Masterclasses & wetlab are excluded from the congress fee.
- Trade exhibition, lunches & refreshments during breaks
- Young Ophthalmologists Symposium (For Registrars, Medical officers & Ophthalmologists in their first five years post-graduation)
- Welcoming Function
- OSSA Banquet excluded
ONSITE FEE – 10% on the late fee
UNTIL 10 Nov 2023
FROM 11 Nov 2023
FROM 7 Feb 2024
|15% VAT Included||Entire duration||Specific days||Entire duration||Specific days||Entire duration||Specific days|
|MEMBERS (Please refer to “Membership” below)|
|Ophthalmologist in private practice or
limited private practice
|R7 600||R3 250 /d||R8 650||R3 700 /d||R9 800||R4 200 /d|
|Ophthalmologist in public service with no private practice||R5 600||R2 400 /d||R6 600||R2 800 /d||R7 600||R3 250 /d|
|Medical associate member:
Registrar in Ophthalmology, Medical Officers and GPs
|R3 200||R1 400 /d||R3 800||R1 600 /d||R4 100||R1 800 /d|
|Medical Associate member: Ophthalmologists practicing overseas||R7 600||R3 250 /d||R8 650||R3 700 /d||R9 800||R4 200 /d|
|Non-Medical Associate member
Registered with other Boards or Councils
|R3 800||R1 600 /d||R4 450||R1 900 /d||R5 300||R2 250 /d|
|*Honorary life member (Over 65 and retired)||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|* Honorary life member: Must be 65 years and older and should also be a retired member.|
|NON-MEMBERS (Please refer to “Membership” below)|
|Ophthalmologist in private practice or
part-time private practice
|R12 800||R5 500 /d||R13 550||R5 800 /d||R14 050||R6 000 /d|
|Ophthalmologist in full-time public service with no private practice||R10 100||R4 300 /d||R11 100||R4 750 /d||R13 250||R5 700 /d|
|Ophthalmologist other African countries
(Excluding South Africa)
|R6 600||R2 850 /d||R7 600||R3 250 /d||R8 000||R3 400 /d|
|Ophthalmologist from abroad||R12 800||R5 500 /d||R13 550||R5 800 /d||R14 050||R6 000 /d|
|Optometrist in private practice||R6 300||R2 700 /d||R6 950||R3 000 /d||R7 600||R3 250 /d|
|Medical officer in Ophthalmology / Registrar / GPs||R3 800||R1 600 /d||R4 450||R1 900 /d||R5 300||R2 250 /d|
|Practice Manager & Administrator / Ophthalmic Assistant / Ophthalmic Nurse /||R3 800||R1 600 /d||R4 450||R1 900 /d||R5 300||R2 250 /d|
|Optometrist in full-time government or tertiary employment / Orthoptist / Ocularist / Community Field Worker||R3 800||R1 600 /d||R4 450||R1 900 /d||R5 300||R2 250 /d|
|ADDITIONAL TRADE DELEGATES (More than the 2 free delegates per stand)||R5 500||R2 350 / d||R6 150||R2 650 / d||R6 750||R2 900 / d|
|Please note that ONLY trade delegates / representatives in the service of companies participating in the Trade Exhibition OR involved as sponsors will be allowed to attend the congress.|
|Ophthalmologist||MO / Registrar||Ophthalmologist||MO / Registrar||Ophthalmologist||MO / Registrar|
|CORNA MASTERCLASS||R1 000||R500||R1 100||R550||R1 200||R600|
|RETINAL MASTERCLASS||R1 000||R500||R1 100||R550||R1 200||R600|
|BOTOX MASTERCLASS||R1 000||R500||R1 100||R550||R1 200||R600|
|TWO MASTERCLASSES||R1 500||R750||R1 700||R850||R1 900||R950|
|CORNEA WETLAB||R3 000||R3 000||R3 200||R3 200||R3 400||R3 400|
SOCIAL FUNCTIONS: The Welcoming Function is free of charge for delegates registered for the ENTIRE Academic Congress.
OSSA Banquet excluded: R400 for all registered delegates and additional guests (Trade delegates most welcome.) Limited seating.
Young Ophthalmologists Symposium
Free evening for all other delegates
|Free of charge for all registered registrars, MO’s & young Ophthalmologist in their first five years post-graduation. R300 for additional guests.|
|Welcoming Function (Thursday, 29 February)||Free of charge for all delegates registered for entire congress
R300 / person for additional guests
|OSSA Banquet (Friday, 1 March)||R400 for all registered delegates and additional guests. Limited seating.|
(Registrations will open during August 2023)
You are personally responsible for full payment of these fees
if your institution or company does not pay them.
- OSSA member: Delegate who is a member of OSSA whose latest membership invoice has been paid and updated on the OSSA Autoprax platform.
- Non-member: Delegate who is not a registered member of OSSA or a member whose latest membership invoice has not been paid and updated on the OSSA Autoprax platform.
- If you register as a member and your latest membership invoice on the OSSA Autoprax system is outstanding, the registrations manager will correct your registration amount and charge you accordingly.
- Should you wish to become a Member of OSSA, please apply online: https://members.ossa.co.za/auth/ preregister